sleep

escapades moments of bustling professional life | revelation of flaws of the little red dot | shire for my thoughts to my loved ones

Thursday, May 11, 2006

outing at ttsh

now im back in the comfort of my home. some afterthoughts in the short stay over in ttsh

i was given GA (general anaesthetic) for the whole surgery, meaning i would become unconscious of things going on to lessen my pain and agony etc. the anaesthetician was happily chatting with me and told me that he need to numb my left thigh, then 'zzzaaap' he torn away the disposable underwear i was wearing.. haha.. then shortly after that, i realised my left thigh is completely numb.

heh, the doc kept asking me weird qns, then after that, they had a mask over my face, they say its oxygen. bulltshit, less than 30secs later, i was talking to dr zhou, god of sleep. totally concussed. god knows how long i slept. i vaguely rem the time i was pushed in to the operating threate, it was abt 10.30am or so, by the time i woke up, i was in the day ward, abt 2.30pm.. i was super seh. cldnt think straight. left leg totally numbed and heavy.

nurse grace came attending to me, i always tot nurses are anal pple who like to bully poor helpless patients, god i was wrong, she's so kind, like mother teresa, taking care of me like a baby. she started assuring me and asking me if im fine. wonderful wonderful service. think they inform pa ma, ya, so they came visiting soon after.

fast forward to 11pm. i watched some channel 5 show on tv, the drowsiness effect set in, was half asleep then. at that time, another nurse came in, i cldnt catch her name, but frm her accent, i think shes some philipino. wow, another passionate nurse. i think she came attending to every hr or so, taking my blood pressure and changing the ice pack. excellent service once again. and she is ever so kind and patient. hmm. at that point, i had total respect for pple working in the medical fields, esp with nurses and doc, the power of touch and care. maybe i shd become a care-giver one day.

from 12mn - 5am, it was full of activties, mine was suppse to be 6-bed ward. but at the time when i fell asleep, i had only 2 more neighbours, but throughtout the night, another 3 more beds were pushed in. some really interesting ones. i recalled the one beside me was a big big burly indian, who snored so loudly that even the phil nurse came in to apologize on his behalf. haha. the interesting fact abt his hospitalisation was that: He had a fight with his wife, having a quarrel and fight. haha.. and he smashed the mirror with his bare knuckles/arms. wow. haha. he slept like a baby, a super loud one tho.

i think i would treasure my limbs from now on, also my friends who are ard me. sometimes a person's misfortune would allow a true dicpiction of a person's standing to u. thank you to those who genuinely care.

i have 4 punctures at my left knee now, hard to take a gd picture of how it looks. maybe on sat after my wound changing. as of now, my thighs are bloated, prob too tight becz of the stiching. my calfs are slightly deformed, some parts enlarged while some parts shrunk. i am starting on the home based physio now, wanna get back to healthy being again. physio at ttsh will start in 2wks time. i can limp, even without crutches, but still left leg has really limited strength and flexibility.

i will be back!
*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home