sleep

escapades moments of bustling professional life | revelation of flaws of the little red dot | shire for my thoughts to my loved ones

Sunday, November 13, 2005

flying

hey, time flies, before we (i) noe it, its already to the 6th wk of my exchange. i been thru to a gd decent half of my sep program. wow. wldnt imagine that realli. was also pretty comfortable with the weather, gt used to the sucky food and made some realli gd friends. ha.. oh well. dat wasnt the main aim of my post.. till this stage, let me recollect the whole procedure and back to the stage to decide if given a chance would i come again for sep..

heh. rewind back to a yr ago.. i was struggling with the decision to go anot. bearing in mind testimonials from other peers that sep is definitely an enriching and fulfulling experience. at this very stage, im on the same side as them.. studying in an oversea's instituition definitely broaden your scope, your opportunities and of course meet some realli interesting pple or partners. haha. but once again, weighing to the things i forgo back home, its a close call whether its worth it anot.. and sad to say, no one in the world would realli noe hw does it feel to be on both side of the courts.. haha.. to forgo or to go thru the sep experience.

indeed, i definitely noe that my opportunities are boundless and the prospects of grad studies is much more realistic now.. its often sad and true that i think only sep can truly allow u to see the benefits of those i've mentioned. coz u seen it urself. and also the idea of independence. coz u learn to survive on ur own.. survive meaning in alot of ways.. to cook ur own meals, to get $ to cook ur meals.. etc etc.

once again, back to the table again, say theres some time machine that allow me to go thru the sep experience and rewind back to a yr ago.. and back to the same old me in the kr rm deciding to apply thru nus website anot.. heh.. i think after EXPERIENCING it myself, i might opt for a no this time. not trying to discourage pple to go for sep, or trying to reflect negativities abt sep. its me, and my character. i choose to neglect my loved ones on this occassion and this made me realised my loved ones are actually my most priced possession rather than the experience. my family, my gf, my hall mates, my marists mates and my friends.

yup, this entry might be pointless becoz in reality theres no way we can turn back time. but its jus part and parcel of life where u gt to make decision and live with it. im nt regretting abt the decision i've made. jus dat, by making that decision and living thru dat it, i realised i might had pfered to make another choice then. its abit oxy-moron (spelling?) hhaha.. but the gist of it is there. jus heard yz gt his acceptance letter from nus, now waiting from partner uni to reply, dat is gonna take long.. probably 4mths before departure. anyway, my intention is truly to reflect, consider, weigh and formulate how are u going to spend ur time over in sep vs time back in nus. personally i wldnt had known wat could i have done if i stayed in nus, kr.. jcrc? nussu? or even back home? i dunno.. these are the paradox of life. thats why life is never perfect. ha

oh well. im gonna make the rest of my stay count and of coz make nus proud.. aww.. heh. to the minimum, at least i've been to the other side of the globe. and still sex disease-free. hahahaa.

meanwhile my dear friends, stay happy and live life to the fullest.

i thank all kinds of god for my wonderful parents, 2 bros, sweeet gf and loads of friends who side me along this journey. heh. its an eye opener nevertheless.



blessss u.



*

1 Comments:

Blogger Qiuyi said...

If Qingyou's point is to give people who are deciding some thoughts, as someone who is here as well, I have something to say. Please make sure you go on an SEP with the right mindset. Be open minded, come here to learn. I believe I did not do it to the fullest, but that is the right thing to do. Good luck.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home